December 23, 2011

2011 is almost over


Hard to believe.  Where did the time go?

But, oh, what a difference a year makes. When my husband, Patrick, bought me a Kindle a few years back little did I know that it would change my life, rediscovering my love of reading.  After two years of marathon reading, I finally came up for air and was struck with an epiphany.  I wanted to write a romance novel and determinedly set out to learn the craft.  I signed up for some online classes and buried myself in library books and started my manuscript for Protecting Rose.

I went into total book mode and for the next year, I spent every spare moment learning and writing. It became my obsession, taking nearly a year to write and edit.

Imagine my joy and excitement when two out of the three publishers where I submitted, Protecting Rose, wanted to publish it.  Then, to top off the year, it was chosen as a finalist in the 2011 Launching a Star Contest.  Life is good!

I just added, Protecting Rose, to my bookshelf.  Whoo Hoo!  2011 has been a wild ride and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2012 brings. 

My goal for 2012 is to complete my second manuscript.  I'm about a third of the way into my first draft.  I'm also thinking about trying my hand at a couple Novellas.  They seem to be pretty popular on the Kindle.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment