January 1, 2012

My New Years Eve Celebration

2011 was an eventful year, full of excitement as well as sorrows. 
My novel, Protecting Rose, was published with Soul Mate Publishing and also a finalist in the 2011 Launching a Star contest.  I haven’t been this excited about something since my wedding day.

I also said goodbye to some very dear friends and relatives in 2011, and I’m still mourning their passing. So, 2011 was a mixed bag.


But, that’s life. We just press on and try to make the best use of every wonderful moments that life offers us.


This New Year’s Eve was spent with some of our dearest friends. Sandy and Dennis.  My husband has known Dennis for nearly 30 years, ever since they were teenagers working together at the Ponderosa Steakhouse.  Dennis met his wife Sandy eight years ago, and we are very lucky to have her in our lives.

We arrived at their house around 7:00, greeted with warm hugs and cool drinks. Sandy is an awesome cook and the drinks were soon followed up with a scrumptious meal of French onion soup, twice-baked potatoes, and steak & lobster, along with a fine bottle of wine.


It doesn’t get much better than that.


We then proceeded into the living room where we watched the countdown to the New Year on their wide screen TV and spent the next four hours laughing and reminiscing until after 1:00 in the morning. So I’m happy to say we actually managed to stay up this year and ring in the New Year.


We spent the night in their guest room and the next morning we took them out for a leisurely breakfast before heading home.


I’m looking forward to more good times with family and friends in 2012. I also hope Protecting Rose is well received.  

I'm about at the mid-point on my first draft of my second manuscript.  The goal is to have it completed by winter’s end.


So, how did you ring in the New Year?

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely evening, Cheryl. I sat up with 6 yo gr-daughter and we rang in the NY together, then she ran outside to look for fireworks. We saw a few, but in the country and with a good wind Saturday night, there were not many.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That also sounds like a lovely way to ring in the New Year.

    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl...great picture..you both look happy! Sounds like you had a great time..nothing crazy, just fun with friends :)

    As for me, I won't bore you...and that's certainly what would happen if I described my evening at work. LOL

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you Christine, thanks for stopping.

    Don't work to hard...unless you're writing, that is! :>)

    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fabulous evening, Cheryl. We stayed at home, but it was fun because this is the first year all three of my kids stayed up until midnight. They had fun opening the front door to let the new year in and the back door to let the old year out at exactly midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We stayed home!
    Your evening went great, I see.
    Congrats on being a finalist!
    Wishing you all the best in 2012
    Neecy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping Ally and Neecy. Staying home is good to.

    That's a fun story about the kids and the door. Cute.

    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete