July 26, 2012

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

I love happy endings!

My daughter was married last week.  Both my children are now happily married.

It's a good feeling.

My son, John, and my daughter-in-law, Stacey, just celebrated their 5th anniversary. Congratulations! They were a part of the wedding party below.

My daughter, Michelle, has only had two serious relationships in her life. Eddy, who she met when she was 13 and dated until she was 18. And then, Mike ... Eddy's best friend.

John, Jess, Stacey, Michelle & Mike, Eddy, Matt, Big Mike


That was over ten years ago. 

I watched these three young people grow and mature over the years. It was not always easy, with many obstacles thrown into the path to happiness. 

But love endured.

Eddy was the best man, and his speech was very eloquent as he spoke about the long journey they had traveled, half of their lifetimes together, to get to this very important day.

All I have to say is good for you Michelle, for knowing what you wanted in life and waiting for the right time before getting married.  Good for you Mike, for fighting for your love when all hope looked lost. 

The two of you have worked through problems that would have crushed some marriages.  You have grown together, and I know you will have a wonderful marriage. And I'm looking forward to more grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment