November 30, 2012

How did you spend your summer?



As a writer, I pretty much work 24/7. With my third novel near completion, and two others in the works, along with my editor responsibilities with Soul Mate Publishing, there is little time for fun. Although, I must admit, writing is in itself—fun.

My husband, however, does on occasion wrestle my fingers from the keyboard and takes me out for a little rest and relaxation. 

We spent a lot of time in our pool with the grandchildren.

Here's my son, J.D., and my grandson Wesley enjoying the day.

 My daughter was married.

A photo of the bride, Michelle, and her new husband, Mike. Yeah!


 Spent a few days at Myrtle Beach


 

Had a great time at Elkhart Speedway and got to sit in a really cool racecar.




And, attended my Romance Writing Association Conference where I was honored for my first sale, and my volunteer work as Pro-Liaison for my Wisconsin chapter. That's Diane Pearson, a Soul Mate sister standing next to me in the blue sweater! Small world, I didn't know she lived in Wisconsin until I heard her name called out to come up and receive her flower and gift. Fun!

And lastly, we made a quick trip to Vegas for the Sema show, did some gambling, and finally made it over to take a Hoover Dam Tour. That was fun!

 








All in all, it was a fun summer and over far too quickly. Now, it's time to settle in for a long Wisconsin winter … and write, write, write!

No comments:

Post a Comment