November 21, 2012

You've Got The LOOK



Hi, everyone!  It’s time for a little fun. I’ve been tagged by Su Halfwerk with "You've got the LOOK." Su is not only a great author, she’s my book trailer designer. You can check out Su's excerpt here: Suhalfwerk.blogspot.com

The concept of this tagging is to take my latest work in progress or current manuscript and search for the word "look" then post some of the surrounding text/paragraphs and tag 5 authors.  

I chose my newest Work in Progress, currently titled, ABDUCTING CASEY. Although, the name will be changing as soon as I can figure it out! I’ve just finished this story, and will be sending it to my publisher shortly.

Here’s the blurb:

Kidnapped: 
Held captive somewhere in the mountains by men intent on blackmail, Casey Gillette soon discovers her only chance to survive is to trust the one man among her captors who seems different from the rest

Undercover Cop: 
As an undercover cop, Matt Sash has had to make plenty of tough calls in the field before, but this may be his toughest one yet. Only days away from taking down a U.S. jihadists group, he’s thrust into the role of protector to the beautiful woman being used as a pawn in the deadly game.
 
With Time Running Out:
A desperate game ensues, and it's up to him to stop an act of terror and save the woman he loves.
------------
Now, for the excerpt. 

For clarifications sake, Rock, is Matt’s undercover name. 

Enjoy!

“I can’t tell you, Casey. You just need to—”
She pushed his hand away and rolled her eyes. “I know, trust you. You said that already. But what you didn’t say is why? Why should I trust you?”
His expression hardened. “Because I’m the only thing standing between you, and them.” He jerked his thumb toward the door.
She gulped. “Why don't you just let me go?" Her voice trembled a little.
Rock's eyes flashed with an emotion that looked a lot like regret.
"I'm sorry, sweetness. But I can’t do that."
She narrowed her eyes. "The name is Casey. Use it."
She liked how he called her sweetness far too much. The way his deep voice softened, making her think of satin sheets and sex.
Rock smiled that devastating smile. His warm puppy eyes licked her as he ran the back of his hand gently across her cheek. "Casey."
Her name rolled off his tongue in a sensual caress.
Her breath hitched and her knees went weak, his soft touch sending tingles throughout her body.
Hell. That didn’t help.
She folded her arms across her chest, her lips pressed firmly together, barely refraining from stomping her foot in frustration. How could a giant of a man named Rock be so tender? She couldn't remember the last time she'd quivered from a man’s touch. Never. She’d never quivered.
Her frown deepened. Why him? She wasn't even sure if he was a good man?

1 comment:

  1. A lot of steam in that scene. I give it two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete