March 11, 2013

NAME THAT NOVEL - CONTEST



Hi folks. I’ve completed my latest novel, but I’m struggling with a name for it. So I thought it’d be fun to have my readers help me name it.

I’ve just been referring to it as Rick & Sheila...not a very good title. LOL! The winner will receive an autographed copy of one of my books ... of their choice.

For those that read PROTECTING ROSE and/or A MAN TO TRUST, Rick and Sheila both were in PROTECTING ROSE, and Rick was also in A MAN TO TRUST.

I began building their relationship in PROTECTING ROSE, but Sheila was not a part of the A MAN TO TRUST storyline. That would be during the time she’d pushed Rick from her life, feeling too damaged emotionally to start any sort of relationship.

If you remember, in PROTECTING ROSE, Sheila is beaten in her home by the assassin who is looking for Rose, and Sheila knows where the safe house is. You don’t see this attack scene, only the scene where Rick finds her afterward in her home, near death. He feels guilty about not protecting her better.

Here is the blurb ... which may change, but it’s what I came up with for this contest. 

Sheila William’s fragile, emotional recovery from a brutal beating that nearly took her life is in jeopardy when she fears someone is watching her.

The woman Rick Smyth wants shuts him out of her life after being brutally attacked in her home. Now she feels threatened by a stalker and turns to him for protection. 

This time, not only does he vow to keep her safe, he’s determined to win her heart as well.  

So, what do you think? Can you think of a title for this novel? When leaving a suggestion, please be sure to include emails, so I can contact the winner.

And have fun!

-Cheryl

9 comments:

  1. Saving Sheila was the first thing that came to mind.

    Sounds like another winner Cheryl, no matter what name you decide on.

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds great :) How about Shielding His Heart or A Shield for Her Heart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, that has a nice ring...maybe, Shielding Her Heart...because she's the one with issues.

      A potential. I like it!

      -Cheryl

      Delete
  3. Hi, Christine. Funny story...that was my first choice as well, but one of my critique partners has a novel out named, Saving Casey. And since our titles already overlap, with my story coming out in June titled, Abducting Casey, it just didn't feel right. It was purely by chance this happened, I didn't crit. her Saving Casey story, so wasn't aware of it when my book was named.

    So, that kinda leaves out Saving Sheila...which I love ... btw!

    Thanks for playing... :)

    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about..........A step too Far?? as in Rick is stepping into Love.??
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom...lol. Something to consider.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's a potential...has a nice ring to it. :>)

      Delete
  6. Shielding Her Heart, it is!

    Thanks, Mary.

    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete