March 23, 2013

PROTECTING ROSE - Book Club Comments



- I never put my comment for the last question...about what emotion I felt...so here is my comment....The main emotion was, of course, love. But there was fear, hatred, anxiety, lust, and excitement. This was a very well-rounded book, with all kinds of emotions, sometimes all rolled into one scene. And there was also a sadness, on my part, when the book ended…I wanted it to continue!! That is the sign of a GREAT book – not wanting it to end. I feel that way when I read books by Dame Agatha Christie and Jonathan Kellerman…Cheryl is in wonderful company!!!! She is on my list of “Favorite” authors – and believe me, my list of favorite authors is very small. 

*********** 
- I was hooked by the middle of the 2nd page, when Nate whispered to Rick that his cover had been blown, I KNEW I wanted to see what happened. If a book doesn’t “grab” me by the 2nd or 3rd page I most likely won’t finish it. 

When I have the time to sit down and read a book I want to be involved from the very beginning otherwise I will go looking for a another book to try. Cheryl got my attention quickly and never lost that attention…from that point on there was a ton of action and I hated when I had to put it down to do something else, like make supper…LOL!!! I just wanted to continue to read it – to find out what would happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment