January 14, 2017

My New Year's Goal

Hi, all. Truth...since I started writing, back in 2011, I've put on twenty-five pounds. Well,this year I'm bound and determined to lose that twenty-five, plus five more. Yes, that's right I'm going to lose thirty pounds by the end of 2017!! I'll share my journey as I go along, and hopefully that'll help keep me motivated. 

I joined 9Round two weeks ago, which is a kickboxing club. And yes, It's Hard. Very. Very. Hard. I also purchased a 9Round workout tracker that I wear, keeping track of how good or poorly I do. Right now, I'm going three days a week, but hope to go more often once my body adjusts to the butt whooping.

I'm going to share some photos, which we'll call my 'before' and at the end of the year, I'll post the 'after' pictures... And, maybe a few in between, just for fun and motivation. 





Starting out wasn't so bad... Some arm lifts and squats. And in case you can't tell, that's a very heavy ball I'm holding in my hands. I was only able to use it through half the drill, then continued on without the ball. But, I'll get there...

Now, I'm really warming up, and punching hard. I couldn't lift my arms for two days afterward. Seriously, two days my arms burned. On the third day I forced myself to go back, even though they still hurt. And you know what, I forgot all about the pain when I was working out. They still ache today, just not as much.




Here, I'm beating the hell out of this bag on the ground, then jumping up and punching the hanging one, then kicking the darn thing...then back to the ground. Exhausting...truly.




I know I look all girly-girl, but I was working my ass off right there. Don't let the still photo fool you. 








Then after my workout (aka: butt whooping) I received this motivational message in my email... Yeah me!!

CONGRATULATIONS Cheryl!

On behalf of 9Round - Waukesha, we're delighted to let you know that already this week you have achieved the recommended guidelines for physical activity. Great effort!

NB: The World Health Organization's recommended guidelines are based on 150 minutes of moderate or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity. In MYZONE terms, this equates to 300 MEPs per week and 1300 MEPs per month. 

Cheers, 
9Round - Waukesha

So, if there are any other 9Rounders out there that use the MyZone app, and you'd like to join me in a challenge, my user name is Cheryy in Waukesha, Wis. Look me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment